Our success as a business has seen our engineering team size increase through continuous and sustained growth, and will expand further for the foreseeable future. In addition to our Tewkesbury offices, we are setting up a new office in Chippenham – an exciting time to be part of the company.
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join the team and help to develop our test automation capability, as well as contributing to the overall quality of testing within the business through research & development or technology projects. Candidates should have experience of documenting detailed test scripts and developing high quality automation solutions that will improve the quality of each of our products. Candidates will also have the opportunity to support software development, depending on their preference and needs across our projects.
The sections below outline typical responsibilities and competencies that we are looking for. These are wide-ranging and represent the full cross-section of capabilities that we seek. Prospective candidates should be able to demonstrate ability in a number of the technical competencies (depending on grade/experience) and as a minimum, satisfy the core competencies as listed. We are not looking for full coverage across all of them in any one candidate.
- Development and maintenance of high-quality test cases to be executed against software and hardware products and back-end infrastructure
- Design and implementation of test automation solutions to bring speed and repeatability to test cases
- Authorship of formal test documentation
- Review and scrutinise other technical documentation (e.g., requirements documentation, design and architecture documents)
- Participation in team planning and progress activities such as daily stand-ups, planning and design meetings
- Review and recommend enhancements for test processes and workflows across the organisation
This position can be either full or part time, for part time roles we are open to considering hours that work for you as a candidate.